What Is Florida KidCare?
High Quality, Low-Cost Health and Dental Insurance Coverage to Protect the Ones You Love
Did you know, the 5 counties in Florida with the highest number of uninsured children are Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Orange and Hillsborough? That was one scary statistic that I was not aware of. So, when Florida KidCare reached out to Mommy Mafia to partner with them, I didn’t hesitate. I needed to know more. What is Florida KidCare?
Protect Your Littlest Loves
Life with kids means always expecting the unexpected. My cell phone has the school nurse’s phone number programed into it, so when the words “School Nurse” flash on my screen, it almost always makes my heart stop for that split second before I answer the phone. Usually the call is one that is just to let me know that a loose tooth finally fell out on the playground.
But there was that one time they told me if I didn’t get there in the next five minutes they would be calling him an ambulance.
That was not a fun day.
I remember clearly the moment the Little Made Man‘s first tee ball coach told me, “Make sure you have good dental insurance. Those foul balls have a mind of their own.” The coach’s message didn’t freak me out but I did call up my dental provider that day and made sure our family dental insurance was up to par.
What is Florida KidCare?
Florida KidCare is a program offered by the State of Florida that offers Florida children high quality, child-centered, affordable health and dental insurance coverage and dental offerings from birth to age 18. All Florida KidCare program benefits include doctor visits, check-ups, hospital stays, surgeries, immunizations, prescriptions, emergencies, vision and hearing, dental, mental health services and more.
Free or Low-Cost Coverage
Florida KidCare includes free, subsidized and full-pay options based on family income and household size. Most families pay nothing at all, and many pay as little as just $15 or $20 a month for all children in the household. Families who do not qualify for free or subsidized coverage may purchase a competitively priced full-pay plan.
Florida KidCare Fast Facts
- Approximately 2.45 million children rely on Florida KidCare for the healthcare they need.
- Your child is eligible for Florida KidCare even if one or both parents are working.
- Lawfullyegally residing immigrant children are eligible for coverage with Florida KidCare and immigration status will never be asked.
- Open enrollment is year-round, so the time to apply is always now!
- Dental insurance is offered with Florida KidCare.
- Full-pay options are available to families that do not qualify for free or subsidized health insurance.
- With Florida KidCare, you may be able to keep your pediatrician.
- Most families pay nothing at all, and many pay as little as $15 or $20 a month.
- 90% of parents say enrolling was simple and quick.
- Florida KidCare offers health, dental, vision and preventive care, just to name a few!
- 90% of parents are happy with the services provided by Florida KidCare.
This post was sponsored by Florida KidCare. Mommy Mafia is proud to be a Florida KidCare Blog Ambassador.